Hobby Farmer/Farm Manager
Subhas Farms is seeking a Manager for our farms in Khichan Phalodi, Rajasthan. Position is suitable for a hobby/weekend farmer who can manage remotely and visit the farms on weekends. Candidate doesn’t have to live in Khichan.
We have been farming here for more than 30 years, all farms have currently been leased out. Once we have hired the farm manager
The role would suit someone who has experience of or interest in farming. Furthermore you will need to have a good knowledge and understanding of all husbandry and tunnel operations, Health & Safety, People and Project management. You will assist the Business Manager in the delivery of the business, P&L and take the primary lead on both Technical and Operational areas for the site. You will need to have great people skills, being able to inspire and energise your team, financial and budgetary control experience.
- Educational qualification: B.Com/MBA, any degree , preferred: MBA
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Language: Hindi/English
- Location: Farm is in Khichan, near Phalodi (map: https://goo.gl/maps/Td81kCxQxpRKQ6P27)
- Farm size: currently 20 acres, expandable to 100 acres
- Part time (mostly weekends/holidays & other days depending on harvest, etc.)
- Interested in farming.
- Leadership/management of teams.
- Excellent communication – smartphones, WhatsApp.
- A valid driver’s license.
Keys and Responsibility
- Support improvements in productivity.
- Lead and coordinate daily and weekly ensuring the best outcomes.
- Lead and manage pomegranate and aloe vera farming.
- Manage purchasing of supplies, equipment, and inputs.
- Show leadership on Health and Safety across their business ensuring a safe working environment for the team and a proactive culture towards health and safety.
- Develop cropping plan to adhere to irrigation constraints and oversee all rotational crop production.
- Operating heavy machinery, ie. tractors, lawn mowers, etc.
- Yard maintenance.
- Experience with heavy machinery, animal husbandry.
- Adaptability to changing situations and have the ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead and manage people.
How to Apply: just call or email your interest – firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 97909 64110